@ RADAR (“@ RADAR,” “we,” or “us”) is committed to protecting the information that you share with us online, and explaining how we collect, process, and share that information. We provide you with the notice below in English only to avoid any misinterpretations caused by a language translation. If necessary, please seek the proper advice, or avoid use of this website.
Summary of Key Issues
We collect Personal Information about you that you provide to us or that we obtain while you are using the Site.
We employ reasonable and current technical, administrative, and physical safeguards that are designed to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and designed to ensure correct use of Personal Information.
We use Personal Information to provide you with services from our Site, to build features that will make the services available on the Site easier to use, to contact you about these services, and to send advertisements, marketing material or other offers that we think might be of interest to you.
You have control on how we use Personal Information for marketing. You can exercise your control in any marketing communication
We share your Personal Information with our member hotels, affiliated companies, external service providers, third party vendors, agents, and otherwise as necessary to perform transactions with you and manage our business.
@RADAR understands that you may want to change, access, or delete your Personal Information. You may do so by accessing your profile or by contacting us
Persons under the age of 16 are not eligible to use any services on our Site.
Should you have any questions, concerns or comments, please contact @ RADAR, email: email@example.com .
Personal Information We Collect About You
We collect your Personal Information on the Site to enhance the services we offer you, maintain and improve the Site, protect the security of you and our Site, comply with legal obligations, and inform you about other services and products that may be available through us, our affiliated companies, or through our marketing alliances. We collect Personal Information about you when you interact with or utilize services offered on this Site, such as:
· Creating a profile with us;
· Making reservations, accommodation requests and payments;
· Creating and administering your @ Club account;
· Consenting to marketing communications;
· Applying for a job;
· Submitting comments, reviews, or other user-generated content;
· Connecting or interacting with us through social networks (e.g., Facebook, Google+, Twitter); or
· Requesting customer or technical support.
Personal Information includes:
· Postal or billing address;
· E-mail address;
· Telephone or mobile number;
· Payment card information;
· Government identification (e.g., passport identification to verify traveler identities);
· Location via IP address;
· Device being used (for our mobile site);
· Cookies and similar technologies;
· Member hotel stay information;
· Your preferences regarding your member hotel stay (e.g. bed size, smoking versus non-smoking room); and
· Other relevant data.
For @ Club members, we also collect date of birth, gender, @ Club account-related information, personal preferences relating to your member hotel stay, and information about your spend on rooms at @ RADAR member hotels.
Even if you do not provide us with any Personal Information, we collect certain non-personal information about how you use our Site. This information cannot identify you and is used for statistical purposes only.
Use and Sharing of Personal Information
We only process and share your Personal Information, including sharing with service providers or other external entities, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests and meet our legitimate business and legal objectives. When we disclose Personal Information to external entities to perform services for us, we establish by contract that they may access your Personal Information only for the purposes of performing those services. We may also use what we know about you to offer you other products and services. We may combine your online information with information collected from offline or online sources, or information we already have. We may also use and disclose certain Personal Information to our affiliated companies and others for any purpose allowed by law.
We generally process and may disclose your Personal Information to others to:
· Provide you with products and services, including authenticating authorized users, and marketing our products and services;
· Perform certain services or other transactions initiated by you;
· Respond to your questions, complaints, or reviews of our product or services or those of our member hotels;
· Send you communications about online transactions, product information, ads and promotions, electronic newsletters, or other notices you requested or offers tailored to you;
· Enable our advertisers, where appropriate, to provide you with more personalized content, and track the effectiveness of certain advertising campaigns;
· Comply with applicable law, obey judicial orders, cooperate with law enforcement authorities, or prevent any suspected illegal activities;
· Help us run our business; or
· For any other everyday business purposes, such as product development and Site administration.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
The Site is hosted by servers in the UAE, as well as other countries, since we operate our business globally. We transfer Personal Information to various jurisdictions as necessary for the purposes described above, including to jurisdictions that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. We provide appropriate protections for cross-border transfers as required by law for international data transfers.
Processing Basis and Consequences
· Necessary to provide information or otherwise carry out the performance of a contract with you as an individual;
· Our legitimate interests, including:
o Performance of contracts with our member hotel owners, managers or operators;
o Implementation and operation of a group-wide matrix structure and group-wide information sharing;
o Customer relationship management and other forms of marketing and analytics;
o Fraud prevention, misuse of company IT systems, or money laundering;
o Physical, IT, and network perimeter security;
o Internal investigations; and
o Intended mergers and acquisitions.
· Compliance with legal obligations and/or defense against legal claims, including those in the area of labor law, social security, and data protection, tax, and corporate compliance laws.
· Protection of the vital interests of any individual;
· Performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in @ RADAR; and
· Consent, as permitted by applicable law.
Providing us with Personal Information is voluntary, but your refusal to provide Personal Information for the above-mentioned purposes may affect our ability to fulfill our contractual obligations or to provide you with The @ Club benefits or other @ RADAR Site benefits, services, information, and or material requested by you. Even so, unless otherwise specified, not providing your Personal Information will not result in any direct legal consequences for you.
Your Rights Concerning your Personal Information
You have the following choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information:
· Marketing Communications. If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed or receive any other communication from @ RADAR, please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication. Even after you opt-out or update your marketing preferences, we may still contact you for transaction or informational purposes. These include, for example, customer service issues, surveys, or any questions regarding a specific reservation.
· Cookies and Similar Technologies. Please review your browser or computer settings for certain cookies and see below to exercise certain choices regarding cookies.
Europe and certain other non-US jurisdictions maintain local data protection regulations that confer certain data protection rights on individuals. @ RADAR will address those rights where required by applicable laws. Note that if you are an employee of an @ RADAR member hotel, and we obtain access or otherwise process your Personal Information in that context, you should contact your employer which will be in the best position to respond to your inquiry. If applicable, and you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set out below.
· Right of access: You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether Personal Information concerning you is processed, and, to request access to the Personal Information. The access information includes, among other things, the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Information concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the Personal Information have been or will be disclosed. This is not, however, an absolute right, and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access. You may have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Information undergoing processing.
· Right to rectification: You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information about you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete Personal Information completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
· Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from us the erasure of Personal Information concerning you, and we may be obligated to erase that Personal Information.
· Right to restriction of processing: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your Personal Information. In that case, your data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain limited purposes.
· Right to data portability: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to receive the Personal Information about you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that data to another entity without hindrance from us.
· Right to object: Under certain circumstances, and at any time, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your Personal Information by us, and we can be required to no longer process your Personal Information.
Where permitted by applicable law, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority.
Security of Your Information
We maintain reasonable technical, electronic, and organizational security procedures to maintain the security of Personal Information, and safeguard Personal Information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and/or against accidental or unlawful loss, alteration, disclosure or access. Our security procedures include contractual terms with any contractors, agents or data processors that require such entities to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Information in accordance with our standards. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit. It is your responsibility to safeguard any email or password that you have created or used in connection with The @ Club and any @ RADAR Site and to notify us if you ever suspect that the security and confidentiality of such email or password has been compromised in any way. You are solely responsible for any use of your The @ Club account via your email and password.
Retention and Storage of Your Information
We will maintain Personal Information for as long as we are required to do so by applicable law(s), or for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) described above for which it is processed. We will delete Personal Information when it is no longer needed and/or take steps to properly anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it (unless we need to keep your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which @ RADAR is subject) and, in any case, upon expiration of the maximum storage term set forth by applicable law.
@ RADAR does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16, and users under the age of 16 should not submit any Personal Information to @ RADAR. If @ RADAR has actual knowledge that Personal Information about a child under 16 years old has been collected, then @ RADAR will take the appropriate steps to delete this Personal Information.
Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
Information Collected Through Technology. Information is also obtained in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. In accordance with applicable law, @ RADAR uses and allows third parties to use essential and non-essential cookies, online tracking tools, web beacons, and similar technologies (collectively, “cookies”) on our Site. We process this information to help our Site function correctly, and better understand the needs of our customers.
Device Information. Depending on the permissions you’ve granted and other factors, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device when you download or use apps created by our Sites, including a unique identifier for your device. Examples of the device information we collect include:
· Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
· Certain device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi signals are gathered if you enabled the functionality within your device settings.
· Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services, and we encourage you to contact your device manufacturer for detailed instructions on how to do that.
Cookies on our Site generally fall into the following categories:
· Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
· Analytical/Performance Cookies: These allow us to recognize and count the number of users of our Site and see how such users navigate through our Site. This helps to improve how our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
· Functional Cookies: These improve the functional performance of our Site and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the Site and asked to remain logged into it. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
· Targeting Cookies: These record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to recognize you as a previous visitor and to track your activity on the Site and other websites you visit. These cookies qualify as persistent cookies, because they remain on your device for us to use during a next visit to our Site. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings. We will not collect these cookies from individuals in Europe without notice.
We also use certain information to identify new visitors to our Site, recognize returning visitors, advertise on other websites and mobile applications not affiliated with us, analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements, better understand our audience, customers, or other Site visitors, and determine whether you might be interested in new products or services.
Controlling Our Tracking Tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so, however, depends on your browser and the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject all browser cookies. If you configure your computer to block all cookies, you may disrupt certain web page features, and limit the functionality we can provide when you visit or use our Site. (e.g., we will not be able to provide you with searches that you have asked us to save). You can change your cookie settings at any time. Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are still not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Controlling Online Interest-Based Ads. We sometimes work with online advertising vendors to provide you with relevant and useful ads. This may include ads served on or through our Site. This may also include ads served on other companies’ websites. These ads may be based on information collected by us or third parties. For example, your postal code may be used to target an ad for people in your area. These ads may also be based on your activities on our Site or on third-party websites.